Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Poem: In Death Be True


As I leave this mortal life
I have one request, dear wife
In death be true
Please long for no other
Never find another
Let your heart be mine forever

As I draw my last breath
And approach certain death
Please draw near
Lay your hand in my mine
Swear to be true for all time
Swear you will always love me

As my life slips away
Confirm your oath this day
Seal it with a kiss
Tell me that you'll never leave
That your heart will always grieve
When death takes me

As death takes my hand
Draws me into his land
On the other side of the veil
I fear what awaits
But hold on to faith
That you will remain true

As I slip from life
My darling, my wife
Tell me that you'll be true
That you will honor this vow
For forever from now
That in my death you'll be true

No comments:

Post a Comment